Mar 3, 2014


Vick’s 21 day challenge

What’s up everyone! I’m Chris and I’m the new marketing and sales intern at Prevail Conditioning. I have decided to start a 21 day challenge for myself. Basically this is me wanting to improve on my over all strength, fitness, health and knowledge on all of these subjects. Currently I’m 6’1” 155-160lb and 23 years old. I love to play basketball so being fit is a huge part of that. As far as conditioning and cardio goes I’m pretty solid. But I am definitely lacking in the strength and size department.

In order to address some of these issues I have started training with one of Prevail Conditioning’s new trainers Justin. To start we set some challenging yet realistic goals for this challenge. Essentially I want to increase my overall strength and endurance when training as well as improving my posture. Numbers wise my goal is to increase my weight from 155lbs to 170lbs while still maintaining good functional movement. In other words I want to get big but not be like those monsters at the gym who can’t even touch their back.

Justin also went over some basic nutrition with me. We went through my diet for the previous 3 days and determined what I needed to change in order to have the best chance to reach my goals. Due to the amount of intense running and overall exercise that I do on a daily basis from basketball we determined that I am not eating nearly enough. Here is a photo of my diet over the last 2 days as well as some notes from Justin on what we can change and add in.


Justin then took me through some basic movement tests to determine what muscles/parts of my body are strong/moving correctly and which ones need improvement. From this test Justin was able to create a training program specific to my needs as well as some stretching/foam rolling exercises. I’m looking forward to starting this new program and seeing what kind of progress I can make!


No comments: