Mar 25, 2014

Vick's 21-Day Challenge

Hey guys,

So I have about a week left in this 21 day-challenge since I took a week off in the middle for spring break. It has been going great. The change to my diet has been one of the best parts of this program. I have found that I have been able to maintain my weight better. Before it would change daily but now I am slowly and steadily seeing an increase in my weight. The new diet helps me to have more sustained energy throughout the day. I no longer crash and am much more alert and focused throughout the day. It is incredible what a balanced diet can do for a person.

Here is what my actual program looks like.

Day 1:

BB Deadlift 4 sets of 10 reps
DB Bent Over Row 4 sets of 10 reps
Assisted Pull-ups 4 sets of 10 reps
Prone IYTW
Plank 2 sets of 1 minute at 1 minute rest

Day 2:
Squat 4 sets of 10 reps
DB Over Head Press 4 sets of 10 reps
Resisted Push Up 4 sets of 10 reps
External Rotation Pulls 3 sets of 10 reps
Cobra 2 sets of 1 minute at 1 minute rest

Day 3:
Single Leg Lunge 4 sets of 10 reps
DB Bent Over Row 4 sets of 10 reps
Kneeling Lat Pulldowns 4 sets of 10 reps
Prone IYTW
30 second Plank/30 second Cobra 2 sets of 1 minute at 1 minute rest

The idea behind it was to increase the overall endurance and strength of my whole body while lifting. I may not be gaining weight as quickly as I had hoped but I know that I am much stronger than I was at the beginning of this program. I have doubled the weight in every single one of my lifts since day one. My legs are visibly larger and stronger than the beginning, which is great. Overall this program has been a good starting point for me and my strength training. I am very pleased with the results and I plan on continuing to strength train now that I have the fundamentals and basics down. I feel confident that I can take what I have learned and continue to make improvements.

No comments: