May 8, 2009

Integrity

I don't have a tremendous amount to say here...

I have simply been shocked as of late at the lack of integrity that exists in our world, in our society, in my field. There have been some conversations I've had over the past couple years and even recently that have truly made my heart sink at the reality of this situation.

To have integrity is not easy. It is most certainly the road less traveled. But I have found that it holds tremendous weight.

I had the opportunity to attend the Westmont Kinesiology Department breakfast for faculty and graduating Seniors this morning. Listening to words shared by faculty, students, and parents of students was deeply impactful. In light of the conversations I mentioned, hearing words that exemplified integrity was absolutely refreshing. To know that there are still those who desire to uphold this ideal is an encouragement to me.

No comments: