Mar 8, 2013

Coach Eck's Training Session 3/8/13

by Chris Ecklund, MA, CSCS, USAW

Quick Thoughts:
  1. Another quick sessions this morning between clients and my interns. 
  2. Turned out to be shorter than I would have like as I spent more time on soft tissue (much needed today). 
  3. Throughout this journey of the last month and tracking my workouts it has reinforced a truth to me that I encourage my clients and students toward: consistency is key. Time and time again I realize that consistency trumps intensity or volume in my training. While both intensity and volume are important, it’s much more important for me to maintain consistency in order to sustain a training effect (in all facets: smr, mobility/flexibility, stability, power, strength). In short, getting in something is always better than nothing.

No comments: