Sep 29, 2009

Santa Barbara High School Football Hell Weeks

This August I had the opportunity and pleasure of working with the Santa Barbara High School football program. I am truly pleased to say that my time with the SBHS coaching staff was probably the best experience I've had with a coaching staff from any sport at any level. The coaches were open and trusting to turn the reigns of all the Strength, Performance and Conditioning work over to my staff and me. Rare. Aside from that their communication with myself and coaching staff was excellent. Their desire to do what was best for their team(s) and begin the building process (during a rebuilding year for their program) of developing safe and efficacious training practices is truly admirable. I know that this season is going to be a long haul for them but am quite certain that with the desire and concern for doing what is best for their program, they will quickly be where they desire to be.

Hats off to Coaches Jaime Melgoza, Doug Caines, Sean Simms, Char Vandaele (ATC), and all of the other coaches whose names I've missed.

Below you'll find some of the footage from the training we did on site:


No comments: