Dec 1, 2008

Client Spotlight: Jane Covert-Lannon

I began working out because I had broken my kneecap and after three bouts of physical therapy, still hadn’t gotten to the strength I had had prior to the accident. I also was concerned about falling again, and felt myself becoming tentative and not confident in my movements. I knew I needed strength training and core strength workouts in order to regain my confidence.

When I began working out with Chris in April 2008, I was about 40 pounds overweight, very weak in my upper body and very tentative in my movements. Being in my early 50's I knew that this did not bode well for me and I knew I had to do something about it.


The training we have done has been core strength, agility, cardio and stretching. In addition, Chris knows where each of my weak areas are and modifies the exercises so I won’t get injured. I have not been injured once in the eight months I have worked out with Chris.


The exercise has been an enormous help to me. I have lost four sizes and approximately 20 pounds. I have an amazing amount of energy and am no longer tentative or concerned about falling. I have been able to do more exercises and for a longer time than I have done in a very long time. The workouts have given me a new lease on life!


My workouts with Chris have been such a gift to me. I have belonged to clubs, and even done a weight training program at a local hospital. The weight training program was good, but it was too expensive to continue and I didn’t get the personal attention I get with Chris. The clubs are very crowded and typically you must be self motivated to get the results I have achieved. I am self motivated, but when it comes to weight training, I am a firm believer that everyone needs someone to monitor and encourage their training in order to achieve optimal results.


Chris watches you to make sure you are doing things right and pushes you when he knows you can do more. He also encourages you when he senses that you are tired. As importantly as all of the above, his classes are affordable, so that you can continue them without breaking the bank account.


My investment in Prevail Conditioning and Chris has been an investment in me and my good health and well being. It is truly the best investment I’ve made in a very long time!


No comments: